Oregon to Idaho
The John Day Dam just outside of The Dalles..

As the sun is going down..


Monday August 13, 2007 11:25 pm
I-84 E mi:288
Andrew's driven the whole way so far...
We just passed the 45th parallel,while listening to "such great heights"-Postal Service. I'm taking pictures of Nala as she lies on the dashboard looking out.

Andrew takes a picture of Nala and me looking in while we fill up on diesel..

We're both about to down some energy drinks to use the cans for our sun flower seeds that we just bought on our first fill up at a Shell Station in La Grande. Nala loves the cold windshield and decided to flash the world...

Speaking of flashing... I cant get over the awesomeness behind semi truck drivers flashing their lights at us when we put our blinker on. Isn't it amazing that its pretty much a universal way to show that the lane is clear!? Nala has now moved to the bench seat along the top, stretching out as she does on the window sils at home.

Shortly after getting comfortable she discovered the bungy cord right above her, and decided that it was a toy..

Tuesday August 14, 2007 12:50 am
I-84 mi:376 on into mi: 3 of ID
Andrew is still driving..
We've just passed the exit for a Correctional Institution just outside of Ontario, Oregon. We have also spotted our first searchlight. Searchlight hunting is something that Andrew and I have always wanted to do, but have never had the chance. We are pulling off at a rest stop to stretch out legs a bit, and to hang out with the other truck drivers.. not really, but it sounds like it could be fun. We hope to munch on some of the crackers, cheese and meat that the Bellamy family sent us off with. Our first real bite of food on the road. Pulling into the rest stop, we have paralleled next to a sign (dont worry, Andrew is taking a picture of it right now so that you all can see..) it says "No unloading of livestock or horses" .... at a friggen rest stop. This must mean that someone at one time had the gall to do this. hmmm....

Tuesday August 14, 2007 2:30 am
I-84 (..still) mi: 29 in ID
Andrew is STILL driving....
So... Andrew is staring at a map trying to decide our route for the night. We are going to drive to CO tonight. Depending on what route we go with-- it is going to be roughly 1350 miles. 97224 to 80920. Until then, Andrew has downed two Sobe No Fear Energy drinks and just bought two more. In addition, he picked up 4 little bottles of 5 Hour Energy- another kind of energy drink, of course! Its one that Isaac told us about- but he advised us to only drink half of it at a time, which i think was VERY smart. Especially given the fact that Andrew is now to the point where he's answering his own questions. :) We're passing signs for The Warhawk Museum in Nampa (sounds like Tampa! ;) ) which would be pretty cool to beable to stop and browse, but I dont think it would be open at 3am.. bummer! We've just passed searchlight #2! Too bad these things would be nearly impossible to capture on film... they're so darn quick!! As we are driving, we are also making two lists. The first list is of all the license plates we have seen... I know, I know, pretty cliche... but honestly, what else are we going to do at 3am? So far (in order of appearance) we have seen: OR, WY, WA, NM, British Columbia, MT, KY, PE, MI, NE, TN, and ID. Not bad for 9 hours of driving! Silly that ID is the last one that we've seen, given the fact that we're in that state right now. I guess everyone wanted to see Oregon's beautifullness.. :) Here are some of the pics that we have taken so far..
Tuesday August 13, 2007 4:21am
I-84 Mi: 115 in ID
Andrew is truckin along.. teeheehee..pun
I'm finally posting this thing. It took forever to resize those pictures and to load them. Darn internet keeps fading and then the LT crashed and the mouse decided to not work upon reboot. Computers are awesome- but they sure know how to be a pain in the booty. ehhh what should i care, I've got all the time in the world (right now anyway) to rewrite everything... Anyway- Hope you guys all enjoy these pics... more to come in a few hours, I'm sure! ooooo!!! We just saw some lightening!! -- Now, if its a thunderstorm or heat lightening, we're not sure, but it sure is pretty!!!
mmk- more a little later!
As the sun is going down..
Monday August 13, 2007 11:25 pm
I-84 E mi:288
Andrew's driven the whole way so far...
We just passed the 45th parallel,while listening to "such great heights"-Postal Service. I'm taking pictures of Nala as she lies on the dashboard looking out.
Andrew takes a picture of Nala and me looking in while we fill up on diesel..
We're both about to down some energy drinks to use the cans for our sun flower seeds that we just bought on our first fill up at a Shell Station in La Grande. Nala loves the cold windshield and decided to flash the world...
Speaking of flashing... I cant get over the awesomeness behind semi truck drivers flashing their lights at us when we put our blinker on. Isn't it amazing that its pretty much a universal way to show that the lane is clear!? Nala has now moved to the bench seat along the top, stretching out as she does on the window sils at home.
Shortly after getting comfortable she discovered the bungy cord right above her, and decided that it was a toy..
Tuesday August 14, 2007 12:50 am
I-84 mi:376 on into mi: 3 of ID
Andrew is still driving..
We've just passed the exit for a Correctional Institution just outside of Ontario, Oregon. We have also spotted our first searchlight. Searchlight hunting is something that Andrew and I have always wanted to do, but have never had the chance. We are pulling off at a rest stop to stretch out legs a bit, and to hang out with the other truck drivers.. not really, but it sounds like it could be fun. We hope to munch on some of the crackers, cheese and meat that the Bellamy family sent us off with. Our first real bite of food on the road. Pulling into the rest stop, we have paralleled next to a sign (dont worry, Andrew is taking a picture of it right now so that you all can see..) it says "No unloading of livestock or horses" .... at a friggen rest stop. This must mean that someone at one time had the gall to do this. hmmm....
Tuesday August 14, 2007 2:30 am
I-84 (..still) mi: 29 in ID
Andrew is STILL driving....
So... Andrew is staring at a map trying to decide our route for the night. We are going to drive to CO tonight. Depending on what route we go with-- it is going to be roughly 1350 miles. 97224 to 80920. Until then, Andrew has downed two Sobe No Fear Energy drinks and just bought two more. In addition, he picked up 4 little bottles of 5 Hour Energy- another kind of energy drink, of course! Its one that Isaac told us about- but he advised us to only drink half of it at a time, which i think was VERY smart. Especially given the fact that Andrew is now to the point where he's answering his own questions. :) We're passing signs for The Warhawk Museum in Nampa (sounds like Tampa! ;) ) which would be pretty cool to beable to stop and browse, but I dont think it would be open at 3am.. bummer! We've just passed searchlight #2! Too bad these things would be nearly impossible to capture on film... they're so darn quick!! As we are driving, we are also making two lists. The first list is of all the license plates we have seen... I know, I know, pretty cliche... but honestly, what else are we going to do at 3am? So far (in order of appearance) we have seen: OR, WY, WA, NM, British Columbia, MT, KY, PE, MI, NE, TN, and ID. Not bad for 9 hours of driving! Silly that ID is the last one that we've seen, given the fact that we're in that state right now. I guess everyone wanted to see Oregon's beautifullness.. :) Here are some of the pics that we have taken so far..
Tuesday August 13, 2007 4:21am
I-84 Mi: 115 in ID
Andrew is truckin along.. teeheehee..pun
I'm finally posting this thing. It took forever to resize those pictures and to load them. Darn internet keeps fading and then the LT crashed and the mouse decided to not work upon reboot. Computers are awesome- but they sure know how to be a pain in the booty. ehhh what should i care, I've got all the time in the world (right now anyway) to rewrite everything... Anyway- Hope you guys all enjoy these pics... more to come in a few hours, I'm sure! ooooo!!! We just saw some lightening!! -- Now, if its a thunderstorm or heat lightening, we're not sure, but it sure is pretty!!!
mmk- more a little later!

1 Comments:
I had fun making note of the state mottos when we crossed state lines. The motto is on the license plates as well. Oregon's is (We Love Dreamers)
Idaho may have been (Great Potatoes. Tasty Destinations) and Utah (Utah! Where Ideas Connect) They are usually sooooo cheesy. Have fun keeping yourself busy. Remeber if you play 20 questions- a human is NOT man made.
Post a Comment
<< Home