Utah to Colorado
Tuesday August 14, 2007 1:40pm (MT Time)
I-15 S Mi: 314
Andrew's my hero
Listening to Radiohead
Here's the story on today... We drove clear into the morning. Beautiful sunset, and I'm sorry to report that I didn't take any pictures. We were both truely just wiped out. We decided to take a break in Snowville, UT- Mi: 15 on I-84. If you've never been to Utah, let me tell you- you aren't missing much. Unless, that is, if you enjoy a whole lot of nothin! Lots of flat land running into some pretty bland rolling hills on either side. We both had stomach aches from drinking Rockstars, No Fears, Adrenaline Rush, and 5 Hr Energy drinks during the course of the 15 hr drive. I know what you're probsbly thinking- "didn't they eat anything in between drinks?!" -my answer is "well sorta" But the most important thing, is that it kept us running till 8am. Once we hit Snowville, I had to eat something breakfast related. Andrew had i guess snuck a bite at the rest stop before. I had taken a little power nap at that time.. anyways!..Inside the Flying J foodmart (the stop in Snowville), they had some warm egg mcmuffin rip off things. It was okay, and I never thought I'd say this- but I've had better at McD's. yikes! And to top it off- the place was swarming with flies. Andrew pretty much got attacked by 3.5 trillion of them on the way back from the bathroom! We pulled into the large dirt area that all the other truckdrivers pull over at to catch some shut-eye. So we did the same, for about 30 minutes. That was pretty much all we could handle. This bench was not meant for two people to lay down and sleep- the fun part (sarcastically speaking) was smelling eachothers feet because we had no choice but to lay opposite of eachother to even have a chance at fitting. We woke up and decided to hit the road in search of a hotel to catch a few more hours. By the time we came up on another city- we had already caught our second wind.. or third or maybe even fourth. Who knows at this point? Our stomachs began to talk around Salt Lake City- so we pulled over and got some Subway! (1) foot long Subway Melt on Honey Oat bread. Double pepperjack cheese, toasted. Ranch dressing with green bell peppers, lettuce, olives on half... We sat down to share it, and surprisingly enough, it filled us both up! Nala laid out in the grass for a little while with us. She hated all the cars that drove by- she would hide behind us like a wimp! Now we are at Mi: 291 on I-15 heading S to Hwy 6. From there, we'll cut on over to I-70 going E to Colorado. No pictures at this time. Hopefully the next update we'll have some!
Till then!...
I-15 S Mi: 314
Andrew's my hero
Listening to Radiohead
Here's the story on today... We drove clear into the morning. Beautiful sunset, and I'm sorry to report that I didn't take any pictures. We were both truely just wiped out. We decided to take a break in Snowville, UT- Mi: 15 on I-84. If you've never been to Utah, let me tell you- you aren't missing much. Unless, that is, if you enjoy a whole lot of nothin! Lots of flat land running into some pretty bland rolling hills on either side. We both had stomach aches from drinking Rockstars, No Fears, Adrenaline Rush, and 5 Hr Energy drinks during the course of the 15 hr drive. I know what you're probsbly thinking- "didn't they eat anything in between drinks?!" -my answer is "well sorta" But the most important thing, is that it kept us running till 8am. Once we hit Snowville, I had to eat something breakfast related. Andrew had i guess snuck a bite at the rest stop before. I had taken a little power nap at that time.. anyways!..Inside the Flying J foodmart (the stop in Snowville), they had some warm egg mcmuffin rip off things. It was okay, and I never thought I'd say this- but I've had better at McD's. yikes! And to top it off- the place was swarming with flies. Andrew pretty much got attacked by 3.5 trillion of them on the way back from the bathroom! We pulled into the large dirt area that all the other truckdrivers pull over at to catch some shut-eye. So we did the same, for about 30 minutes. That was pretty much all we could handle. This bench was not meant for two people to lay down and sleep- the fun part (sarcastically speaking) was smelling eachothers feet because we had no choice but to lay opposite of eachother to even have a chance at fitting. We woke up and decided to hit the road in search of a hotel to catch a few more hours. By the time we came up on another city- we had already caught our second wind.. or third or maybe even fourth. Who knows at this point? Our stomachs began to talk around Salt Lake City- so we pulled over and got some Subway! (1) foot long Subway Melt on Honey Oat bread. Double pepperjack cheese, toasted. Ranch dressing with green bell peppers, lettuce, olives on half... We sat down to share it, and surprisingly enough, it filled us both up! Nala laid out in the grass for a little while with us. She hated all the cars that drove by- she would hide behind us like a wimp! Now we are at Mi: 291 on I-15 heading S to Hwy 6. From there, we'll cut on over to I-70 going E to Colorado. No pictures at this time. Hopefully the next update we'll have some!
Till then!...

3 Comments:
Hey, sounds like you guys are driving a lot, sleeping a little and listening to a lot of music. I don't know about all that energy drink stuff, but if it keeps you awake...!
MomLady here. So after we talked I realized I never found out - did you stop by the old house in Mountain Home?
I love that you're blogging! Keep it up-it's fun to watch your progress. I'm guessing you found a map? If you are still wanting to find a AAA here are a few that might be ahead of you-
AAA Utah
Orem
160 E University PkySte F
Orem, UT 84058
(801) 225-4801
AAA Colorado
Grand Junction District Office
2454 US Hwy 6 & 50 #109
Grand Junction, CO 81505
(970) 245-2236 3800
Post a Comment
<< Home